Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NP/PA Job Opportunity Harmony Health MD
● We are excited to expand our services at Harmony Health MD to include a qualified NP/PA who will augment our ability to deliver excellent care to patients. Being a Primary Care Practice, we see patients with a wide breadth of medical complaints. The practice is open Monday through Friday with ten clinic half-days per week. It is expected that the new team member will have clinical duties for eight days and administrative ones for two. There will be an option to take weekend call for additional compensation if desired. Please continue to read below for details of this new opportunity.
● Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
● Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
● Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x- rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
● Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
● Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing;
managing wounds and infections.
● Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving information about various conditions commonly seen in primary care including diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia; providing emotional counseling; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
● Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans. ● Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
● Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
● Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
● Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a physician assistant as determined by the Physician Assistant Board of the State of California.
● Possession of a California physician assistant license, a DEA number, and CPR certification.
● Knowledge of disease, prevention, and health promotion needs of late adolescents and adults.
● Knowledge and experience in treating common acute and chronic illnesses and injuries.
● Knowledge of legal and professional requirements for quality patient care.
● Skill in interviewing needed to understand the medical and psycho-social needs of patients. ● Skill in oral communication needed to accurately convey information to patients and other co-workers.
● Skill in written communication needed to accurately convey information to patients and other co-workers.
● Skill in counseling needed to help patients deal with acute and chronic medical problems. ● Knowledge of appropriate consultation and referral sources.
● Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction. ● Skill in organizing and prioritizing work when faced with competing deadlines, and interruptions
● Skill in using a PC, and knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to use the Athenahealth electronic medical record. ● Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
● Ability to work effectively in a medical team environment.
● Skill in delivering compassionate and caring bedside manner
● Ability to seek and execute self-development activities
● Ability to work and communicate professionally with a diverse clientele. ● Bilingual or Multilingual
Please email resume to: email@example.com